The housing market has changed radically over the last decade. With a bit of luck, you may be sitting on a stash of cash that’s earning a decent return. But you can also earn a better return on your investments by watching them closely and shifting to markets that are poised for big growth.
Here are some of the really hot real estate markets that you should definitely watch out for in 2022.
- San Tan Valley, AZ, is a great place to live, not just because of the lifestyle that it offers its residents but because of the affordability of real estate in the area. The real estate market in the Valley is booming, and there are more buyers than there are houses. This has resulted in many houses being put on the market that are listed for over asking.
In 2022, this will be the trend in San Tan Valley. San Tan Valley is one of the hottest real estate markets to watch this year in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- The Hollywood real estate market is hot, hot, hot. Hollywood, FL, is known for being the home of numerous actors and actresses, and it’s easy to see why. Hollywood, FL, is an excellent option for retirees, tourists, and snowbirds alike with year-round warm weather. Moreover, the locality has a number of great rental opportunities, as well as condos and single-family homes for buyers.
- Surprise, Arizona—a Phoenix suburb—is a big city that’s home to just under 200,000 residents. The city’s real estate market is diverse, with everything from single-family homes to condos and town homes available.
Homes include starter homes, move-up homes, and investor homes. Initial home buyers can look for a residence with a 2–4-bedroom layout, a 1-2 car garage, 1,000-2,000 square feet of living space, and either front and back porches or patios. If you’re looking for something a bit larger, the move-in ready homes with an average 2,500 square feet area, 2-3 bedrooms, and 1-2.5 bathrooms could be something you can explore. The variety in real estate offered by Arizona makes it one of the best real estate markets to watch in 2022.
- The Cape Coral real estate market has been on the upswing for several years now with new construction projects, an active construction workforce, and high local demand for housing. The Cape Coral real estate market is growing. It is also experiencing healthy growth, with the median sale price for single-family homes exceeding $250,000 for the first time recently.
- St. Augustine, FL, has seen a boom in sales in the last few years, and experts believe that it could continue through 2022. While the larger metro areas saw some slowdown, real estate experts agree that Florida is cooling off. However, smaller, quieter cities like St. Augustine, FL, have plenty of inventory and are expected to see a continued rise in sales prices.
- St. Riverview, FL is a quiet, secluded community nestled off the beaten path just north of Tampa. This sleepy town is quietly growing, although it isn’t on the radar of home buyers looking to make a move this year, according to Realtor.com. However, if you’ve been thinking about making a move, this tight-knit community, with winding tree-lined streets, wide sidewalks, and hilly terrain, is the kind of place you’ll want to call home.
- St. Port St. Lucie is Florida’s largest county in terms of land area, and it’s home to thousands of families and retirees. While the housing market has become less competitive in recent years, there are still plenty of homes for sale to choose from.
If you’re looking to relocate to the Sunshine State, you may want to consider relocating within the county’s borders. St Lucie County offers everything from affordable waterfront condos to multimillion-dollar mansions.